Thursday, May 5, 2011

Fabricoholic

So, we all know I have a problem with products, yarn and fabric. So I have decided to turn my fabric addiction into something useful. I am attempting to train myself to become a textile designer. I fuss and fuss about on the computer trying to get perfect seamless patterns in Illustrator. But I am still learning. I am sure I will figure it out some day. In the mean time I practice and submit my attempts to the weekly Spoonflower competitions. Here is my latest attempt.



It looks nice as a single image but does not translate well in a print. The frustration for me is that I know how to do this by hand, photo copies, cutting and paste. Learning the computer thing is a whole other animal!

Check out what it looks like on Spoonflower and vote for it. The Black and White contest page should be up.
http://www.spoonflower.com/

No comments: